Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Knee Surgery Patient Feels No Pain

The following is a brief summary of an article Dr. Raymond T. Bradley, who was familiar with HeartMath techniques such as the Heart Lock-In prior to undergoing knee surgery in 2004, wrote for the Institute of HeartMath a short time later.


Bradley had bilateral knee arthroscopic surgery on both legs as an outpatient. He prepared for the surgery by having visualization sessions with his therapist in conjunction with and complemented by daily Heart Lock-In® sessions in the morning and evening. "My goal was to create a safe and secure place in my mind and heart in which to enter for the surgery – filled only with love (no fear) – and to be able to totally surrender myself to the surgery, whatever the outcome. … My last memory was of total peace and calm and a heart filled with unbounded love and appreciation," he said, referring to when he was wheeled into the operating room, at which time he did a final Heart Lock-In session. "The surgery went well and I awoke with no side effects: clearheaded, hungry and thirsty, and totally energized and exuberant in spirit. My body felt full only of love and appreciation – I had no pain at all!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter / SpineHealth